The Chosen One

The Chosen One - T. B. Markinson T.B. Markinson always delivers on creating a readable book, smooth and fluid with humorous dialogue. With this work I could go with three or four stars (or even two depending on my mood) as the main character reminded me of Lizzie Petrie from an earlier work by the author, so, these young women seemed older than the 18-20 they were supposed to be. That one of the MC's was of a mixed heritage was a plus.

"The Chosen One" refers to a young woman named Ainsley as a young woman being groomed to eventually run for president. She is part of a political dynasty and has every move of hers dictated but also watched and recorded by the media. There is also this she-demon who seems to exist just to tear Ainsley down and a cousin who seemed like the one character from Will & Grace from ages ago.

Ainsley meets this delectable Maya in a class and quickly (very) decides to say the hell with all of public opinion and the mystery that surrounds Maya and go for the romance but runs headlong into the family matriarch, the dreaded grandmother.

The ending was wrapped up a little too neatly, and quickly, but I enjoyed the banter and characters. For the most part I was entertained and intrigued by the mysteries that occurred.